Saturday, January 31, 2015

Useful Links

Word Hippo
Hey y'all!

     How has your week been? Well today I will write about one of the websites that was posted towards the start of our blog for this section, but was never expounded on. I was in search of a word whilst writing something for class, but I could only think of the phrase. So I went to Word hippo. Word Hippo helped me find exactly what I was looking for. When you can not think of a word but have a certain phrase that relates to it, Word Hippo is a great site to use. It is like an online dictionary or thesaurus with a wide array of other tools such as; antonyms, rhyming words, translation and much more. I am very sure that there are other sites that do the same, but I like this one because it has a cute hippo as the logo.

This is where you type the word in:


Here is an example of Word Hippo in action:



I suggest that this site is really great for people who wright poems and the like. Well, happy word searching!

- Felicinda J.

No comments:

Post a Comment