Saturday, February 28, 2015

HL Visual Arts

Exhibition Update
Hey y'all!

     So remember when I said I would update you somehow on the art exhibition? Well here I am to do that! Our exhibition is doing fine. It took Jordyn and I about an hour and a half to set it up. So far, people say it looks great! I feel that in terms of my artwork, things could have been done better. Drawing people is a whole new thing to me because I've never attempt that type of art, you see. I got so into drawing human structures that I decided to make body language my exhibition theme! I find drawing people very intriguing. 

Here are some pictures (The big artworks are mine and the little ones belong to Jordyn) :




Here's our exhibition summary/rationale:

 Around The World in 12 Colors and Eight ways to Show Body Language

     Around the World in 12 Colors is a unique collection of twelve pieces of watercolor paintings, which were all inspired by the diversity in cultural meanings of art, from colors to body positions and even to clothing. Randomly paired with twelve random countries, each color was chosen to represent one or more cultural meanings, as well. Now, the order of these pieces does not tell a story, but takes you on an adventure with glimpses at each of the 12 individual cultures. 
- Jordyn Krumm

     Eight Ways to Show Body Language is a collection of eight unique sketches of bodies conveying emotions through particular body positions. I have been really intrigued by the human physique in various positions lately. So for my part of the exhibition I decided to draw people conveying certain body language; thus, my theme is body language. Although, I did not draw the full figure of the people I have drawn, I only drew particular parts of the body that I liked and saw that it conveyed body language. In total I have a collection of eight artworks, each different in its own manner. My medium of choice was to use pencil on 14in x 17in sketch paper. I have also mounted my sketches on black matte boards to make them more solid. As well as coloring the boarders with symbolic colors that represent the emotions or body language used in each piece to sync in with my peer, Jordyn Krumm, artworks in which she discovers the symbolic and cultural meaning of colors expressed through peculiar body positions and cultural outfits. Also, I have replicated a human heart using clay to be my vessel. The heart is red with dabs of different colors on them to represent some the emotions or body language I used in my artwork, and in the inside sits a dead rose.

     The order of my artworks tell an odd story that starts out with being shy, moving on to being insecure, then finding love, moving into a state of depression (indicating that the romance did not work out), then meditating on your problems which will make you tranquil, in which you gain happiness becoming powerful and confident in yourself.
- Felicinda Jabour

- Felicinda Jabour 

No comments:

Post a Comment