Saturday, May 30, 2015

HL History

A Visit to the World War II Museum

Hi Everyone!

     About a week ago, some of the high school students at out school visited the World War II Museum in New Orleans to conclude our history classes for this year. I'm currently studying European History, and I just finished learning about World War Two. I was incredibly excited to visit the museum and see my history book come to life!

     First, we were lucky enough to watch a 4D movie that summarized the war. The movie was narrated by Tom Hanks and was incredibly detailed. It was amazing to listen to the recounts of all the soldiers and see videos of the terrifying events that took place, like the attack on Pearl Harbour. It was extra strange for me, because I have Japanese and British heritage. Both countries were on opposites sides during the war, so it was interesting to see each country's perspective.

     After viewing the movie, we walked to the next building where an exhibit on Germany was set up. As most of you may know, Germany played an influential role in the war and it was breath-taking to see authentic uniforms, jewelry, bullets, weapons, and diaries that were used during the war.

     Lastly, we visited the section of the museum where the airplanes were hung in the air. It was unbelievable to look up and see massive aircrafts hovering above me. To think that they were once used in battle was tough to wrap my mind around!

     I would 100% recommend any history student to visit the World War II museum in New Orleans. I am looking forward to going back again and spending more time looking at each exhibit!

Here are some pictures of our trip:










Thanks for stopping bye!

- Sophie F.

No comments:

Post a Comment